Many thanks to ___ for her YouTube tutorial on this! I’ve added an extra step at the end, for personal preference. I wrote this as a post ’cause I can’t always be bothered to load a video to re-jog my memory!
- Cut away the top and bottom parts, so you’re left with a tube.
- Fold upwards twice, leaving a little space at the top. The open (non-sewn) edges should be on the outside.
- Cut straight strips, using your thumb as a guide for width (or a ruler, if you want to be more precise)
- Place your arm under the non-cut length and cut where marked.
- Stretch the fabric so it forms a neat tubular shape.
This yarn is handy for crocheting or sewing into face masks for ear loops (way more comfortable than elastic!).
Happy crafting~ 🙂